A little while ago, MriOSDevices posted about the brand new Gmail app being in the AppStore, It was short lived as there were lots of bugs. Usually a developer will just issue an update however the fact that the world’s leading search management group had created an app with so much wrong with they, they decided to pull it from the Store (see photo of bug below)
MriOSDevices original post is here
What do you think of the App so far, did you download the original app before it was pulled?
If you want to try it out, Click here - follow MriOSDevices on Twitter, Like us on Facebook and join our Circle on Google+
Earlier today Google released a native Gmail app for iOS. The app, which seems to have been removed from the app store has a much nicer interface than the native Gmail app for Android. Unfortunately there are bugs in the app which was probably why it was pulled such as push notifications not working.
Another thing that is disappointing about the app is that it doesn’t support multiple accounts, the animations inside the app do look better than the ones on the Gmail web app but still seem to lag.
- Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
- Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
- Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device’s address book
- Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
- On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
Google has acknowledged the notification bug and released a statement saying that’s why they removed it from the app store.
Follow us on Twitter here, check out our Facebook page here and leave a comment below