After I jailbroke my iPhone 4S I was riddled with stock apps having white icons. I used v0.1 of absinthe. Then @planetbeing said if you were having an issue just install an app from cydia something which I had already done.
The white icon bug doesn’t affect functionality but is really annoying. After asking around ad searching the web for hours I was told to use the Fix dir permissions in SBSettings this didn’t work. I even restored and rejailbroken with absinthe v0.3.
So I looked through the default packages in cydia and realised the install that configured the icons is called libhide. Reinstalling this package fixes the white icons no matter how many times you reboot and restore.
Below is a guide to re-installing libhide
1. Open cydia
2. Goto the manage tab and click on settings
3. Change it to developer
4. Go into installed packages
5. Find libhide
6. Click manage then reinstall
Let us know in the comments if this fix worked for you. Please note we are not responsible for any damage this may cause to your device.
Latest posts by Aamir mir (Posts)
- iOS 5.1.X Untethered Jailbreak To Be Released In The Next Couple Of Weeks! - May 14, 2012
- Webagram, View Yours and Others Instagram Photos Online + Interview With Developer! - May 2, 2012
- iTunes Facing A New Lawsuit - March 30, 2012